Grimsby Town Football Club are inviting applications for the following post: Lead Academy Sports Scientist / Strength and Conditioning Coach.
• To lead, deliver and develop the strength & conditioning provision for all academy players (u9’s-u18’s), by delivering a comprehensive program that is in line with both the EPPP rules and the philosophy of the club.
• Work on a daily basis with the full-time U18 squad, including match-days.
• Design and delivery of individual strength and conditioning and injury prevention programs for under 18s.
• Manage and maintain player data, including PMA and any other relevant databases.
• Design, deliver and evaluate Academy physical development programmes (u9’s-u18’s).
• Daily delivery and design of prehab, strength and conditioning programmes.
• Academy fitness testing and analysis (u9’s-u18’s).
• Provide nutritional guidance for academy players and parents (via workshops, documentation etc)
• Appropriate communication of relevant data to players and coaches.
• Implementation of systems and processes to measure and monitor aspects of wellness, fitness and performance of players.
• Complete assessments of maturation for U9-U16s and provide appropriate feedback to coaches.
The successful applicant will meet the minimum qualification and clearance requirements (as detailed in the Job Description) FA Safeguarding Children’s Certification (SCC), Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS), Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a valid Football Association Number (FAN)).
The applicant must be hard working, committed, enthusiastic and willing to work unsocial hours that include evenings and weekends. They will possess strong communication skills and have the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel associated with a professional Football Club. The successful applicant will be outgoing, approachable, personable, presentable and professional in all aspects of their work.
How to apply: To apply please complete the relevant application form and return for the attention of Adam Smith, Academy Operations Manager, Grimsby Town Football Club, Cleethorpes, N. E. Lincolnshire, DN35 7PY. Alternatively please email applications to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 12:00 noon, 25th September 2017