Match Day SIA Door Staff required - Must be able to commit for the season
Minimum of 4 hours per match day performing various SIA duties
Please email: email@example.com with the following information:
Date of Birth
Expiry date of SIA Licence
Role: Part-Time Academy Physiotherapist Required at Grimsby Town Football Club
Grimsby Town Football Club are seeking part-time and casual Physiotherapists to assist the Academy Medical Team. The successful applicant will be responsible for pitch-side cover, acute injury assessment and early injury management of young players (9 – 16 years of age) at home and away fixtures. Additionally the applicant will be expected to provide diagnosis and treatment at a weekly evening clinic for injured players. Applicants will be expected to commit to regular evening and weekend duties throughout the season and must be willing to complete the FA Intermediate First Aid for Sports Qualification.
- Purpose of the Job:
To implement the treatment and rehabilitation of injuries programme for the Foundation Phase (u9-u11’s) and Youth Development Phase (u12-u16’s) in line with the Club’s overall strategy for developing elite players in line with the EPPP.
- Main Responsibilities:
- Provide pitch-side first aid and acute injury management of Foundation and Youth Phase Academy players on match days.
- Complete emergency medical equipment checks prior to matches and report any issues to the Head of Sports Science and Medicine or Academy Operations Manager immediately.
- Record all match day injuries and treatment delivered utilising the Performance Management Application (PMA). Reporting all significant injuries to the Head of Sports Science and Medicine in accordance with Grimsby Town Football Club Academy policy.
- Refer injured players for additional assessment / treatment (eg. A&E, GP or Academy Clinic) as appropriate.
- Utilise the appropriate booking system (PMA Schedule) for the booking of Schoolboy clinic appointments.
- To provide detailed assessment and diagnosis of injured players attending Grimsby Town Football Club Academy Clinic.
- Complete clear and concise SOAP notes for each assessment and treatment in accordance Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) Guidelines.
- Follow evidence based treatment and rehabilitation programmes that meet the needs of the individual players and document accordingly.
- Provide parents/carers and players with relevant information in order that they are fully aware of the treatment programme and what is required to aid and return to full fitness.
- Multi-disciplinary communication to ensure coaches and other Health Care Professionals (e.g. Doctors, Paramedics) are informed of the condition of acutely injured players.
- Provide reports to the Head of Sports Science and Medicine and relevant coaches on the players ongoing treatment and rehabilitation on their progress and estimated return to play date.
- Maintain qualifications to the minimum standard as required by the rules: FA Intermediate First Aid for Sport; FA Safeguarding Children Certificate; FA DBS check & all CPD as indicated by the CSP and HCPC Regulations.
- To work within and uphold all the Academy’s Policies and Best Practise Guidelines including Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Recruitment, Equality and Codes of Conduct.
- Person Specification:
- Minimum of BSc. Physiotherapy.
- HCPC Registration.
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP).
- FA Safeguarding Certification.
- Enhanced DBS Clearance.
- FA Intermediate First Aid for Sport.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong Leadership and Management Skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Experience working with the Premier League PMA System.
- A working knowledge and understanding of professional football.
- An excellent understanding of acute injury management and physiotherapy in sport.
- Competence in all MS Office packages with experience of recording and reporting information.
- Experience of dealing with minors and an excellent understanding of Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures including the relevant clearances for individuals.
- An understanding of the EFL Youth Development rules and regulations.
- Full clean driving licence.
How to apply
Please email a CV and brief covering letter to the Head of Sports Science and Medicine - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 17th July 2017.