Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:00 (UK)

11 July 2017 Venue Zeeco Stadium Attendance 268

Kick off 19:00 (UK)

Stamford A.F.C.
2 - 3
Grimsby Town

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Town Head To Stamford For Lincs Cup Tie

10 July 2017

Russell Slade will take a 18 man squad to face Stamford on Tuesday night in a Lincolnshire FA County Senior Cup tie (7pm).

The Town boss is keen to have another look at Ben Killip between the sticks and may have another new trialist in the squad tomorrow night. Former Chelsea trainee and Norwich City keeper, Killip, has been with the club for a couple of weeks now.

If the Mariners progress through to Round 2 of the competition, we will face Scunthorpe United on Thursday night at Blundell Park. 

With the Iron currently in Austria, it would be a young United side which would face the Round 1 winners.

Admission Prices.

Prices at the Zeeco Stadium on Tuesday are: £8 for Adults and £5 for Concessions

Where to eat and drink. 

The bar and snack bar will be open on the night. 

There will also be a small matchday programme on sale. 

How to get there.

By Road

The postcode for the Zeeco Stadium is PE9 1US. This will not be in most Sat-Navs so please use PE9 4QN

These instructions avoid the town centre which is very busy on Saturday. They are also for coaches to avoid the very narrow road through Little Casterton although this route is suitable for cars

From the North using the A1

Leave the A1 at the B1081 exit signposted Stamford. Continue down slip road and into Great Casterton.
Turn left (signposted Ryhall) for about 2.5 miles. At the end of the road turn right and immediately right again. Continue for about 1.5 miles and ground is on the right

From the South using the A1

Leave A1 at A606 exit signposted Oakham. Turn right over the A1 then left as if going back onto A1 south. Then take first right before joining the south bound carriageway for 0.5 mile. Turn left for one mile into Great Casterton (ignore first turning for Little Casterton) then turn right (signposted Ryhall) for about 2.5 miles. At the end of the road turn right and immediately right again. Continue for about 1.5 miles and ground on the right

From the West using the A43

Join A1 north as you approach Stamford. Then follow directions as A1 from the South.

From the East using the A1175

Go straight over roundabout for Morrisons. You will then come to a mini-roundabout, take the 3rd exit and follow road. You will pass Sainsbury’s and then Travis Perkins on your right. Ground is on your left at bottom of dip.


We have parking in the ground for about 110 cars. We also have parking for to 2 coaches.
Additional parking is available at Travis Perkins two minutes’ walk from the ground.

By Rail

Stamford railway station is the other side of town.

How can I follow the game? 

You can follow the game on our Live Blog from 6.30pm. 

Link: Pre Season Fixtures

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Stamford A.F.C. 2-3 Grimsby T

11 July 2017

Grimsby Telegraph
Sam Jones against Stamford

Grimsby Town progressed to the second round of the Lincolnshire FA County Senior Cup tonight with a 3-2 victory at Stamford AFC, via a last-minute winner from Siriki Dembele.

Duffy's free-kick put the home side ahead on 21 minutes, but Town equalised eight minutes later as Sam Jones proved deadly following a goal-line scramble.

The Town striker got his brace in the 51st minute with a composed penalty kick, but Stamford equalised less than 10 minutes later as Sandy’s diving header finished off a successful counter attack for the Daniels.

And Dembele closed the scoring in the 93rd minute, acting calmly to fire it past Stamford goalkeeper Haystead and make it 3-2.

New Town trialist Andrew Fox started at left-back for the pre-season cup tie.

Town's starting XI: Killip; Mills, Clarke (C), Collins, Fox; Osborne, Berrett, M. Rose, Kelly; Jones, Cardwell.

The Mariners were dominant in the early embers of the game, keeping the ball well and making the home side exert their energy on chasing them. 

Rose looked good for the Mariners, effortlessly breaking up the play and passing it out wide to bring wingers Osborne and Kelly into the game.

And it was Town who recorded the first shot on target in the 13th minute when Mills drove down the right-hand side and drilled in a low cross to Cardwell, whose shot was caught well by Haystead.

But Stamford got the first goal of the game eight minutes later when Jake Duffy's free-kick flew through the wall and past Killip into the bottom-left corner.

Town continued to press following conceding, as Berrett and Jones both saw decent efforts denies by Haystead.

And Slade's men got their equaliser on 29 minutes as Jones bundled it in after a goal-line scramble. 

Town tried get ahead before half time and they came close on 39 minutes when Kelly swung a great ball in for Cardwell, but Haystead just beat the centre-forward to it, punching it out to ensure the scores remained level at the break.

Half time: Stamford AFC 1-1 Grimsby Town 

It took Town just six minutes into the second half to get ahead of the visitors, as Jones scored from the penalty spot following Haystead fouling Cardwell in the area on 48 minutes. The striker slotted it into the bottom-left corner and past Haystead, despite the ‘keeper diving the correct way.

Slade's men looked poised to get a two-goal cushion as they dominated possession and were playing fluid, relaxed football in the centre of the park.

Jones came close to getting his hat-trick on 57 minutes as he danced his way past his marker before firing one towards goal, but Haystead ensured he got down low to deny him.

Town made four substitutes a minute later as Davies, Vernon, Dembele, and Summerfield replaced Mills, Cardwell, Osborne, and Berrett.

The home side made it 2-2 on the hour-mark as they caught Town on the break, and Sandy beat Killip with a powerful diving header following Draper’s cross from the right wing.

Town made another change on 67 minutes as Bolarinwa came on for Jones.

It didn't take long for Dembele, who was playing just behind Vernon – with Bolarinwa and Kelly on the flanks – to cause numerous problems for the home side's defence, as he skipped past his markers and created attacking opportunities for Town.

And the 20-year-old helped start a good attack for the Mariners on 78 minutes as he won the ball in his own half and used his quick feet to progress further up the field before playing it short to Vernon who held it up well and passed it through to Kelly, but it just ran away from the winger before he could properly connect with it.

Haystead was called into action again in quick succession as he somehow kept out Clarke's back-post bullet header on 80 minutes, and stopped Kelly's long-ranged effort two minutes later.

But, despite having few shots on goal in the second half, the home side almost got themselves ahead in the 83rd minute but Killip was there to superbly parry Marshall's free-kick away from the post with his fingertips.

The game seemed destined for penalties as Dembele went on another mazy run down the left flank with three minutes left to play and slotted it through to Vernon, whose volley was again caught by Haystead.

Town made their final substitute of the game in the 89th minute as Boyce came on for Rose.

But the Mariners continued to fight and got their winner in the 93rd minute when Bolarinwa darted down the right wing and delivered a looping ball to Dembele, who chested it down and smashed it into the top-left corner to make it 3-2 to Town.

Full time: Stamford AFC 2-3 Grimsby Town

Town will now welcome Scunthorpe United to Blundell Park on Thursday in the second round of the competition.

Attendance: 268

Advertisement block

Advertisement block