Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy tickets
21 November 2017 Venue Blundell Park Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Swindon Town Preview

Match preview ahead of the visit of The Robins tonight.

21 November 2017

Apologies, this video is unvailable.

Grimsby Town Vs. Swindon Town - Tuesday 21st November, kick-off 7.45pm.

Town defender Paul Dixon is back in contention for tonight's home game against Swindon after suspension.

Dixon missed Saturday's defeat to Carlisle due to a one-game ban and is expected to return to the starting line-up. Martyn Woolford is hoping to be involved after missing out at the weekend through illness, while fellow midfielder James Berrett remaining doubtful due to a back injury.

Jamey Osborne, who made his first league appearance of the season off the bench against Carlisle after a his comeback from injury, but is not quite ready for a start.

Swindon Town midfielder, Timi Elsnik is a doubt for The Robins. The on-loan Derby playmaker limped out of the weekend victory over Yeovil after tweaking a muscle in the second half. Fellow midfielder Amine Linganzi is definitely sidelined with a hamstring problem, while left-back Chris Hussey will also be missing after pulling out of training on Friday after suffering a setback in his return from a groin problem.

David Flitcroft's side arrive in Cleethorpes an the back of another away victory at Yeovil at the weekend.  

Swindon's recent form: W L W W D W

The Manager's Views

Russell Slade

“We’ve lost three games in 12, but we’ve drawn an awful lot of those,” Slade said.

“We’re not a million miles away, but we have to look at it positively and, going forward, we have to go into games being positive – and we’ve got to score.

“Sometimes it doesn’t matter how that goal comes – it could be a deflection, it could be from a corner, it could be from the penalty spot, it doesn’t matter.

“It changes everything getting a goal, and we’ve not had that feeling for a while.

“We need that feeling, and that can change everything very quickly.”

David Flitcroft

Flitcroft told the Swindon Advertiser: “It’s very poor from the authorities. I don’t know how they got it so wrong.

“I don’t know how they got it straight across the country. It’s one of the farthest places you can go.

“(I don’t know) whoever comes up with these decisions, on a Tuesday night, to play.

“It costs the club more money because you have got a night-time and a full day, so there is a cost associated to it as well.”

The Last Time

Saturday 17th March 2007
Grimsby 1 Swindon 0

Ciaran Toner's second half goal saw Town grab the three points in a tight affair at Blundell Park.

The visitors finished with 10 men as Michael Timlin picked up a second yellow card.

In support of the upcoming `Rainbow Laces Week` our home fixture this evening against Swindon Town is designated for the work of Stonewall, Some of our players tonight will be sporting the rainbow laces.

Find out how you can get involved here.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match Report: Grimsby Town 3-2 Swindon Town

Town come from behind to take all three points

21 November 2017

Carl Leslie

Grimsby Town put an end to their run of four league games without a goal as they beat Swindon Town in a thrilling contest at Blundell Park.

Club News

We Showed Great Character - Slade

21 November 2017

The Mariners produced an excellent team performance and after taking the lead through Jamille Matt, were unlucky to be behind at half-time when an unstoppable shot from Keshi Anderson and an own goal by Matt turned the scoreline around for the visitors.

But Town were not to be beaten and after Siriki Dembele put them back on level terms, Mitch Rose struck with four minutes to go to claim all three points.

Two changes were made to the Town starting XI after the loss to Carlisle on Saturday, with boss Russell Slade opting to swap his strikers in a bid to halt the run without a goal.

That meant Scott Vernon and JJ Hooper dropped to the bench as Sam Jones and Matt came in.

James McKeown started in goal, with Zak Mills, Nathan Clarke, Danny Collins and Ben Davies forming the defence.

Dembele, Rose, Luke Summerfield and Diallang Jaiyesimi were again selected as the midfield quartet behind strikers Jones and Matt.

Joining Vernon and Hooper on the Grimsby bench were Ben Killip, James Berrett, Jamey Osborne, Karleigh Osborne and Paul Dixon.

Swindon arrived in Cleethorpes boasting the best away record in the Football League so far this season, winning seven of their nine games on the road.

Their team included former Town loanee Olly Lancashire in defence, while strikers Harry Smith and Kellan Gordon would look to cause problems at the other end of the pitch.

Town were straight on the attack from the kick-off and they had an early chance when Dembele produced a good save from visiting keeper Reice Charles-Cook, who pushed the winger's header away for a corner after Mills' right-wing cross.

The positive start from the hosts continued until Swindon had their first attack of note on five minutes, when Kaiyne Woolery cut in from the left and won a corner, which was headed over the bar by defender Matt Preston.

But the Mariners were on top in the early stages and they finally ended their run of more than 500 minutes without scoring when they took the lead on 11 minutes.  Jones made good progress down the left and pushed the ball through for MATT, who beat the last defender before calmly slotting past Charles-Cook and into the far corner of the net.

Dembele saw a shot blocked after a cross from Mills on the right had found its way through to him at the far post as the home side went in search of a second goal.

At the other end, striker Kellan Gordon sliced wide from 20 yards after a move down the left, with McKeown remaining untroubled as the 20-minute mark passed.

Another Mills cross from the Town right was diverted towards goal by Matt but the ball went to Charles-Cook, who gathered it gratefully.

A foul on Matt brought a free kick midway inside the Swindon half and from it, a well-worked routine between Summerfield and Dembele led to the winger crossing for Collins, whose shot produced a good save from the keeper.

Soon afterwards, the visitors grabbed an equaliser out of nothing when ANDERSON was given the time and space to pick his spot from 25 yards and send a superb shot beyond McKeown and into the top corner of the net.

And within two minutes, the turnaround was complete for the visitors when a free kick was sent into the box and the ball was put into his own net by the unfortunate Matt.

Town responded well, winning a corner which was headed towards goal by Matt, only to be put behind for another flag-kick, which led to Dembele firing over the bar after being teed-up by Clarke.

A free kick from Davies near the halfway line was then headed wide by Clarke as the Mariners kept looking to get themselves back on level terms, before Jones sent a speculative effort over the bar from 30 yards on 37 minutes.

A foul on Matt earned Preston the first yellow card of the game, before Rose fouled Woolery to concede a free kick in a dangerous position at the other end.  Matty Taylor's whipped shot from it went wide of the near post.

Two added minutes were signalled to be played and a foul on Matt on the edge of the Swindon box gave Town an opportunity right at the end of the half.  Summerfield's powerful shot from it looked destined for the top corner of the net but Charles-Cook got to it, making a fantastic save to tip the ball over the bar.

That meant the away side's lead remained intact at the interval, with the Mariners ultimately having no reward for a much-improved first-half display as Swindon twice struck against the run of play.

No changes were made before the restart and an early attack from the visitors was thwarted by a good challenge from Collins on Woolery, with the defender winning a goal kick.

Jaiyesimi won a corner at the other end two minutes in but Summerfield's ball from it beat everybody.

Soon afterwards, Swindon should have made it 3-1 when a quick break led to a superb cushioned header from Anderson into the path of John Goddard, who pushed his shot wide of the target from eight yards.

A long throw from Clarke at the other end found its way to Rose but his volley from the edge of the penalty area was blocked.

A shot from Jaiyesimi drifted wide of the far post after Dembele, then Mills, had taken the ball foward, then Matt won a corner as the hosts continued to attack.  Summerfield's driven delivery from the right was headed beind for another corner, which was punched clear by Charles-Cook.

A late challenge from Smith on Clarke as the defender made a clearance earned the striker a booking on 61 minutes, by which time Swindon looked to have weathered the pressure they had been put under by the Mariners from the start of the half.

Jones turned and shot from the edge of the box on 69 minutes but his low effort went wide, then a fouol by Rose on Anderson gave the away side a free kick 35 yards from goal.  Taylor hammered it over the bar.

Soon afterwards, the Mainers had their equaliser when good play on the left led to Jaiyesimi crossing and after DEMBELE was left unmarked at the far post, he found the net with a shot from close range.

Town were now looking to get themselves back in front and they were given a free kick for handball inside the Swindon half, although the ball from it was cleared.

A free kick at the other end was cleared for a corner by Collins and although Taylor's delivery was poor, the visitors won the ball back and a foul by Davies gave them a free kick to the right of the penalty area.  Taylor whipped it in but Collins headed clear.

Ellis Landolo replaced Gordon as Swindon boss David Flitcroft made the first substitution of the game on 73 minutes, before Jaiyesimi won a corner on the left, which beat everybody as it went out at the far post.

Town had a chancee to go ahead when a great cross from Summerfield found Jones but the striker could not get the direction on the ball needed to take it into the net.

Anderson turned and flashed a shot which was deflected just wide for a corner at the other end, which led to McKeown making a flying save from Smith's header, before the rebound was blocked to keep the scores level.

Another corner from Taylor on the left was caught by the Town keeper, before a good attacking move from the Mariners led to a corner at the other end, with Jamey Osborne replacing Jaiyesimi before it was taken.

When the kick was taken, it was initially flicked clear but Town retained possession on the left and when Jones fired it across goal, ROSE was there at the far post to apply the finish and make it 3-2 with four minutes to go.

Swindon almost got themselves level from a corner on 88 minutes but when a header bounced off the underside of the bar, Davies was there to keep the ball out.

Vernon replaced Jones for the final stages of the game and after the hosts saw out the three minutes of added time, the home players and fans were able to celebrate a much-needed, and deserved, victory.

Town are next in action on Saturday, when they travel to Barnet.


1 James McKeown 
2 Ben Davies 
12 Zak Mills 
5 Nathan Clarke (C) 
6 Danny Collins 
8 Mitch Rose 
27 Siriki Dembele 
19 Luke Summerfield 
20 Diallang Jaiyesimi 
29 Jamille Matt 
10 Sam Jones


30 Ben Killip 
3 Paul Dixon 
14 Karleigh Osborne 
11 Sam Kelly 
16 Jamey Osborne 
9 JJ Hooper 
21 Scott Vernon

Swindon Town

21 Reice Charles-Cook 
2 Ben Purkiss 
31 Matthew Taylor 
6 Oliver Lancashire (C) 
4 Matt Preston 
10 John Goddard 
20 Kellan Gordon 
8 James Dunne 
30 Keshi Anderson 
22 Kaiyne Woolery 
17 Harry Smith


1 Lawrence Vigouroux 
24 Kyle Knoyle 
5 Chris Robertson 
14 Ellis Iandolo 
9 Luke Norris

Attendance: 3023  (199)

Referee: Martin Coy

Advertisement block

Ticket News

Next Up: Swindon Town (H)

Next up is Swindon Town and we welcome David Flitcroft's side to Blundell Park on Tuesday night (7.45pm).

19 November 2017

Next up is Swindon Town and we welcome David Flitcroft's side to Blundell Park on Tuesday night (7.45pm).

Former Town defender Ben Futcher is Flitcroft's assistant at the County Ground. And former Town loanee defender Ollie Lancashire is now plying his trade with the Wiltshire club. 

The Robins come to Cleethorpes on the back of a 1-0 victory at Yeovil at the weekend and currently sit fifth in the Sky Bet League Two table.

Ticket News

Early Bird Tickets will be available right up until tea-time on matchday. Early Bird tickets are available in the Pontoon Stand, the Main Stand and the Lower Youngs Stand.

  Early Bird  

Match Day

Adult (Over 18) £18 £20
Junior (1-14) £5/£7* £5/£7*
Senior Citizen (65+) £11 £13
Young Adult (15-18) £11 £13
Student/ Unemployed N/A N/A

You can book your tickets Online, by Calling 01472 605050, or from the Blundell Park Ticket Office. 

Advertisement block

Advertisement block