Grimsby Town Academy are looking to recruit a team of match day coordinators to help support the smooth running of match day operations for both the Under 18’s team home matches on Saturdays at Cheapside Training Ground, Waltham and the Schoolboy home fixtures on Sundays at Oasis Academy Wintringham.
These roles are voluntary and give people the chance to support the development of young, aspiring footballers and become part of the group of staff at the Academy.
While this role is not paid, there are opportunities for first team, home match tickets and being a part of Academy events.
Successful applicants will be required to attend either on a Saturday or Sunday morning, depending on fixtures.
Training will be provided by the Academy staff in order to carry out the duties and kit will be arranged for volunteers who show they are committed to becoming a valuable member of the team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up of the pitches on match days including moving goals, setting up viewing areas for spectators, putting out corner flags, organising dugouts and setting up designated areas for visiting scouts.
- Direct and co-ordinate car parking
- Liaising with Parents and other spectators to ensure they know where they are going and understand the services that are on offer from the club.
- Dealing with visiting scouts to make sure that they are provided with team sheets, refreshments, placed in the correct viewing area and are looked after.
- Ensuring the building and changing rooms are not accessible to the public at all times.
- Providing refreshments for opposition staff at half time and after the match.
- Being a friendly face representing Grimsby Town Academy in a positive way so that any person who attends our games has a pleasant experience.
If you are interested in becoming a match day coordinator for Grimsby Town FC Academy please contact Adam Smith by email email@example.com