The role of Supporters Liaison Officer (SLO) is to work as a functioning bridge between the club and supporters of the club. The intent of the SLO is to build relations with the club management and the fans' through two-way communication, informing supporters about decisions made by the club and informing the club about the fans' point of view.
The SLO also works with security and police, as well as the SLOs of other clubs to ensure that relevant knowledge is spread to all organisations participating in matches and other events of the club. This role is primarily focused on away venues and will work with the existing SLO on improving the experience for supporters.
The SLO standard definition in the UEFA Supporter Liaison Officer Handbook consists of five areas of responsibility.
- To be a bridge and improve communication between the fans and the club.
- To rely on information and credibility from both sides.
- To inform supporters of club decisions and communicate the fan point of view to the club.
- To build relations with fan groups and initiatives as well as with police and security.
- To stay in touch with SLOs of club opponents.
All SLO roles are subject to the Club Code of Conduct and this must be signed prior to commencement of the role. This role is also subject to passing an enhanced DBS and not being a member of any pressure groups.
If you feel that you have the attributes to make a real difference and on a regular basis and follow the team on their travels, please email: email@example.com. Please include any details of the skills and attributes that you feel are relevant for the role.