A new edition of The Mariner is now on sale ahead of the visit of Stevenage tomorrow (kick-off 3pm).
The 64-page publication, which was recently rated ‘excellent’ for its content in Programme Monthly’s Programme of the Season awards, is priced at £3 and will be available from around the ground on matchday.
Here are some of the stand-out features in this edition of The Mariner:
- Young striker Ahkeem Rose talks about making his ‘second debut’ and his hopes for the rest of the season
- Mariners boss Michael Jolley writes about the progress his team have made in his exclusive notes.
- Town fan, Comedian and Soccer AM Presenter Lloyd Griffith remembers the role a club legend had on him in his youth.
- We get to know on-loan striker Kristian Dennis a little better in ‘In Focus’.
- Grimsby Town Sports & Education Trust talk about why this matchday has been chosen to raise awareness about the importance of the ‘Kick It Out’ campaign.
- Next to be inducted into The Mariners’ Hall of Fame is the club’s post-war record goalscorer.
- There’s an in-depth look at our opponents Stevenage, their manager Dino Maamria and squad biographies.
- Kirky’s ‘Complete Record’ focuses on teams we’ve only played a handful of times.
- Read the Youth Team Report to see how Neil Woods’ side are doing in the EFL North East Youth Alliance this season.
- And there’s photos, stats, classic Jim Connor cartoons, On This Day facts and an illustrated centrefold of the moment when Paul Groves lifted the Auto Windscreens Shield 21 years ago.
Travelling to the game from afar or not attending? You can purchase physical or digital copies of the programme via our official eBay store.
All of this great content, and more besides, in tomorrow’s matchday programme. Make sure you pick up your copy! #programmesmatter #getchaprogrammes